Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Batton / Paton connection

You know me!!!! I'm on the prowl again for information. I'll let you know how this pans out.
I recently found and blogged the obituary for Kenneth Henson Paton, son of George Paton and Annie Gordon. Well, the obituary mentions that Kenneth had 3 daughters - Barbara, Patricia and Susan.
I did a google search for Patricia Jurey as this was the surname mentioned for one of the daughters.
The google search returned an online newspaper article on Patricia Jurey and her husband Dwight who lived in Ardmore, Oklahoma and their house had recently been damaged by a tornado. Ardmore is where Kenneth Paton is buried. It mentioned the area that Pat Jurey lived in. So I did a white pages search and hey presto! A postal address.
I have written a letter to Patricia explaining who I am and asking if she has any information on her grandfather George Paton, son of Samuel Batton and Isabella Anderson. I only posted it yesterday ..............
Will keep you posted if I get any response from Patricia.
Below shows the ancestry line from George Batton to Patricia and from George to my Mum, Margaret Batton.


No comments: