Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2009

My Grandparents - on both sides


I went to visit my Dad's only sister Margaret tonight to see if she had any old photos of my great grandparents as I've never seen them.
Whilst looking through the photos I came across this photograph showing my maternal and paternal grandparents.
Left is my maternal grandfather George Batton (died May 1976)
Middle is my paternal grandmother Mary Locke Crawford Murray (died Nov 1976)
Right is my paternal grandfather William Murray (died February 1975)
So between February one year and November the following year I had lost all of my grandparents. My maternal grandmother, Jean Docherty King Batton, died in 1951 so I never knew her.
I think that this photograph was taken on New Years Day 1967 (at the Murray family gathering in Hamilton). My grandparents lived in Ewart Crescent, Laighstonehall, Hamilton at the time of this photograph.

No comments: