Pages

Friday 5 June 2009

Maggie Batton - my great grandmother & Isabella Batton



For most of you looking at my blog page, the grand old lady above was your grandmother Margaret McCurdie Batton who was married to George Batton.

Thanks to Bill Strachan for sending me this photo of my great grandmother.



He also came across this photo below - Isabella Batton age 69 years. It looks like a very old photograph and so far the only person I can think it might be is:
Isabella Anderson who married Samuel Batton, brother of Andrew Batton (our relative).
Samuel and Isabella lived in Glasgow in the 1870's until they moved to Manhattan, New York. They show as Paton on the marriage certificate and 1881 census in Scotland.
On the US Census of 1900 they show as Samuel and Bella Batton. My thoughts are it could be her. But open to suggestions of another Isabella Batton......

I did put on the blog recently a marriage certificate for an Isabella Batton, who was the daughter of George Batton, and grand-daughter John and Jessie Batton. Isabella shows as 5 years old on the 1910 census for US so for her to be 69 the photo would have been taken in the 1970's - I think this photo is more representative of the 1920's.....



No comments: