Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2009

McCurdy / McCurdie Connections


This photograph shows the marriage of James McCurdy to Mary McClymont in 1940. James was the grandson of Robert McCurdy and Isabella Farrel and was born in 1898 in Dalmellington.
James is also the son of James McCurdy - for those of you with the Maggie McCurdy and George Batton connection. James Snr was Maggie's brother so the gentleman above would have been Maggie & George's nephew.... therefore 1st cousin of George, Cissy, May, Maggie, Lily, Andrew etc.


The photo above is of the wedding of Rena McCurdie and Barry King.
Rena is the daughter of James & Mary McCurdie (above) and married Barry King in 1962.
So Rena is 2nd cousin to my Mum, Bill Strachan, Richard Gladwell, Andy Batton, Betty Davey etc. In the photo above L to R
James McCurdie, his wife Mary (McClymont), behind James is Brian King's sister, then bride and groom (Barry and Rena), Brian King, Jeanette cousin of Rena, Doris mother of Barry & Brian and at the right is Rena's brother John McCurdie.




January 2009 photo taken in Tasmania, Australia and shows L to R
Rena and Barry King, Rena's daughter Charlotte and husband Anthony and little James (named after both Charlotte's grandfather and great grandfather).

I'll explain later how I came about my contact with Charlotte and the photos. Charlotte lives in Australia.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've just came across this blog post after searching rena kings name. I found a letter today that rena had sent my grandfather in 1979. I am a McCurdie.