Pages

Monday 29 December 2008

Frank King and Margaret Brown



I found this photograph/painting in a large oval frame in my Mum's house some time ago.
This is my great-grandfather Frank King with his wife Margaret Brown.
They were married on July 19th 1918 at the Parish Church Manse in Darvel, Ayrshire.

Frank King, Fisherman (Deckhand HMS Riano) is aged 22 years - son of retired Postman, Hugh King and Janet King ms Docherty. Usual residence is listed as HMS Riano, Campbelltown.
Maggie B. Purden (Widow) is 24 years - daughter of William Brown, Munition worker and Maggie Brown ms Cochrane (deceased). Usual residence is listed as 98 West Main Street, Darvel.

My grandmother was named Jean Docherty King
My mother is named Margaret McCurdie Brown Batton
So both my mum and gran were named after their grandmothers.

No comments: